Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a week

Since it has been so cold I haven't been on to post anything. We mainly stay in the bedroom, shut all the doors and keep the heater on. We watch tv and then go to sleep. Yesterday was nice. High was about 65, felt awesome. Here are a couple of pictures of the sunset as we were coming back from the hospital.

gotta love the ups truck lol

Mom is doing good. After a scare on Friday, she is looking really good and walking 4 times a day. I hope and pray they would get all the infection out this time around and there will be no more problems. She is the strongest woman I know. I would have broken down by now. She probably has but won't let anyone see it. She is such an amazing woman! In a 5 day span she had 11 units of blood and two units of plazma. Makes me want to donate blood so people can have it. Without it my mom probably wouldn't have made it. If you donate blood, thank you. You are saving lives by doing so.

Work has been sucking a lot lately. Feels like no matter what I do it isn't good enough. I stayed the other night to get freight out and never received one thank you. It's rather discouraging. No 20% off one item this year. Instead we will get 10% off groceries til January. That is totally ok with me. I would rather have that than the 20%. I don't have extra cash right now since we need to get the pipes fixed. I was told by several people to go and see if this one state ran organization could help me. I didn't do it. I asked the Salvation Army and they didn't so I just gave up. Tonight it is suppose to be in the 20's. Going to be really friggin cold. I can't wait to get the heat fixed. Never in my life have I ever been so cold. The house is freezing. I am afraid the heater will catch fire. Hopefully after Thanksgiving we can get it fixed.

I had the most awesome think happen. I received an email from a lady at Epson last month asking me if I wanted to try the new Epson Artisan 800. I was a little leary but gave her my address. I really didn't think I would get anything in the mail. A few weeks later I got a package from Fedex. It contained ink and paper. I re-read the email she sent and said the printer would be shipped seperate from the raw materials. The next day it arrived. I was freaking out. One huge box sitting on the porch! Heaven!!!! Today I finally got to try it out and it is soooo amazing. It is a scanner, printer and fax. It has wi-fi. I installed my softward and can print with NO cords. It is sooo awesome what technology can do these days. Comparing the prints to Walmart, where I normally get my photos, they are just same if not better. I like how I can put my memory card in and look at the photos on the screen before I print them off. *suh-weet* As I do more with it I will talk more about it. I can print labels for cds and dvds too.

Well that is about it for now. I am hoping to do a little scrapping or card making because tomorrow night I may not want to be in the living room much.

No comments: